aromatherapy: a·ro·ma·ther·a·py – noun – The use of essential oils and other aromatic natural botanical oils for psychological and physical well-being.
Aromatherapy is an art and science that dates back over 5000 years. Evidence of essential oils has been found in tombs from the Tigris and Euphrates River Valley, ancient Egypt, the Indus Valley and China.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are concentrated plant essences produced from distilling the plant material. They are highly concentrated and with few exceptions, should only be used highly diluted. Various essential oils have different fragrances (aromas) and are helpful to the body in a physical and/or emotional capacity.
The aroma affects the brain via inhalation, and through the skin; the benefits go directly into the bloodstream. (This is true of everything we smell and apply to our skin!)
Aromatherapy is completely complementary to all other forms of healing including acupuncture, herbs, as well as prescription drugs, etc.
What makes Dorey AromaTherapy products different from others?
Only the purest, organic or wild crafted essential oils are used in Dorey AromaTherapy formulas for maximum effectiveness. All components (the bases in our creams and serums) used in our formulations are as pure as we can get. No harsh additives of any kind are ever used.
A couple of precautions:
- Use all products as directed. If the directions say once/day, use it once/day! If you have any questions about directions or products, please email us at email@example.com. We want to insure that you are happy with your purchases.
- If you are allergic to the plant, do not use the product.
- Do not use any perfumes, lotions or other cosmetics directly over the essential oil blends that are applied to skin for 2-3 hours after application for maximum effectiveness.
- All products listed on this website are intended for use by adults and not to be used by children under the age of 12 or by pregnant women. Although there are many essential oils that are safe and very effective for children and pregnant women, none are listed at this time. Contact us directly should you have any specific questions.
- Always seek the assistance of your medical professional prior to starting to use any aromatherapy products.
These products and information are not intended to be a substitute for medical examination, diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease of a physical, mental or emotional nature. See your medical doctor or healthcare provider for a full consultation prior to use. Use all products as directed.